In some cases, a limited scope representation will be more appropriate and cost effective for a client. Most commonly, a limtied scope representation will be appropiate when a client needs assitance with a singular motion, mediation, or arbitration. If the client desires additional assistance, the attorney's hourly rate will apply (unless otherwise agred by the parties). The flat fee will vary slightly depending upon the complexity and extent of the issues.
Below is a list of the most common types of limited scope representation offered under a flat fee arrangement:
- Uncontested Family Law Action (with or without children) ($800 to $1,000, plus county filing fee)
- Mediation ($1,500 to $2,500)
- Support Contempt Actions ($1,500 to $2,500)
- Enforcement Actions ($1,500 to $2,500)
- Document Preparation
- Uncontested Conversion of Legal Separation to Dissolution ($600)